What’s rich, hearty, filled with bacon, egg and cheese and tastes like it came straight from the bakery? These tasty breakfast crescents! And the special ingredient that makes these roll-ups sing? Cream cheese, of course!
- 2 In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat about 4 minutes or until cooked but not crisp, turning once. Set bacon aside; drain all except 1 tablespoon bacon drippings from skillet.
- 3 In medium bowl, beat eggs, 1 tablespoon of the green onions and the pepper with whisk or fork until well mixed. Pour egg mixture in same skillet; cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until eggs are thoroughly cooked but still moist. Add cream cheese and 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
- 4 Unroll dough; separate into 8 triangles. Cut each slice of bacon in half crosswise. Place 2 pieces bacon on shortest side of each triangle; top with about 2 tablespoons scrambled egg mixture. Roll up at shortest side of triangle, rolling to opposite point. Place crescents, point side down, on cookie sheet.
- Try a different shredded cheese in this recipe, such as Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend.
- To soften cream cheese, place in small microwavable bowl; microwave uncovered on High 20 to 30 seconds or until softened.
- Swap bacon for cooked sausage links or chopped ham, if desired.
- Serve with fresh fruit for a well-rounded brunch meal.