- 2 Add olive oil to a cast-iron grill pan over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter to hot pan, then quickly add chicken breasts to the pan, seasoning with 1 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper.
- 3 Cook chicken breasts until golden on first side, then flip over. Cover the pan and reduce heat to medium, cooking until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 5 to 7 minutes on the second side. Place on a plate and cover with foil until cool enough to slice into strips.
- 4 In a large, deep-sided skillet, melt remaining 1/2 cup butter over medium heat. Add garlic to pan, cooking until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium-low. Season with remaining salt and pepper.
- 5 Whisk flour into butter, stirring until no chunks remain. Slowly whisk in cream.
- 6 Continue to cook just until sauce is steaming and slightly thickened. Whisk 1/2 cup Parmesan into sauce, stirring until smooth. Remove pan from heat and cover until ready to serve.
- 7 To serve, place pasta in a serving bowl or on plates. Top with sliced chicken and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with parsley and top with additional Parmesan, if desired.
% Daily Value*:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.