The Tortilla Fold Hack is the Latest TikTok Trend Taking Over the Internet
These days the quirky home cooking trends are coming fast and furiously, with all of us stuck in our own home and kitchens. Clearly we can’t live on plain old PB & J or tuna sandwiches 24/7, because where’s the fun in that?
The latest playful TikTok recipe trend is the Tortilla Fold Hack. It’s like a quesadilla meets a panini meets a club sandwich, and with just a few cuts and folds you end up with a 4-layer wedge of deliciousness. There are infinite possibilities as to what can be put in each quadrant of the tortilla, and so the combinations are even more unlimited. There are also low-carb versions, gluten-free versions, dessert versions, Asian versions, vegan versions…you get the idea.
How to Do the Tortilla Fold Hack:
- Place a large tortilla on a cutting board.
- Make a cut from the middle to the bottom of the tortilla.
- Add your selected ingredients onto each of the four quadrants—you can pick 4 different ingredients, or double up on one or two.
- Fold each quadrant up so you have one multilayered quarter wedge.
- Place the folded tortilla in a panini press or in a pan and cook until golden brown (if you are using a pan add a touch of oil or butter, or at least a spritz of nonstick cooking spray and flip halfway through the cooking time).
Some of the combos sound just plain delicious like crispy tofu, lettuce, tomato, and grated cheese from @cookingwithayeh:
Or eggs, guacamole, salsa and cheese from @feelgoodfoodie:
This Asian take from @elleryfinn with nori in place of the tortilla looks pretty fab:
Then there’s the ramen, hot cheese puffs, hot sauce and American cheese creatino from misetermangobutt:
Up next, Dalgona Whipped Coffee is the TikTok beverage we all know and love.