Need a grab-and-go breakfast option? Look no further than these freezer-friendly breakfast biscuits, stuffed with an egg, cheese and sausage mixture and topped with a sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning.
- 2 In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat; tilt pan to coat. Pour in beaten eggs; cook 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until eggs are firm but still moist. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add sausage crumbles, and stir mixture well; cool 5 minutes.
- 3 Separate dough into 8 biscuits; let stand 5 minutes. Gently pull biscuit apart partially, leaving bottom and lower sides intact, forming a deep pocket. Place 1/4 cup egg mixture inside, pressing inside to fit. Gently stretch dough over filling, pressing and firmly sealing around edges of biscuit. Reshape into round, and place on cookie sheet. (Biscuits will be full.) Repeat for remaining biscuits.
- 4 In small bowl, add remaining egg and the water; beat well with whisk. Brush egg wash mixture on top of each biscuit. Sprinkle tops of biscuits evenly with bagel seasoning.
- To Freeze and Reheat: Wrap each cooled biscuit tightly in plastic wrap and a layer of foil. Transfer to large resealable food-storage freezer bag, and place in freezer. To reheat from frozen, remove one biscuit from storage bag; unwrap completely. Wrap biscuit in paper towel; place on microwavable plate. Microwave on Medium-Low (30%) 1 minute; microwave on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until sandwich is heated through and center is at least 165°F. Let stand 1 minute before serving.
- To make your own everything bagel seasoning, in small dish, combine 2 teaspoons dried chopped onion, 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic, 2 teaspoons poppy seed, 2 teaspoons sesame seed and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. This makes approximately 3 tablespoons. Keep the remaining seasoning mix stored covered in small jar or re-sealable food-storage bag, and use on everything from scrambled eggs to cooked vegetables.
- Biscuit sandwiches can be frozen up to 1 month.
- Microwave ovens vary, so be sure to adjust heat times based on your own microwave.