These classic chicken salad sandwiches are open for interpretation. Depending on your level of prep, you can create them using either home-cooked chicken or a rotisserie chicken from the store. From there, the creativity is all up to you. Make them yours, make them delicious, make them again!
- Stuff chicken salad in hollowed out tomatoes or avocado halves for a fresh take on lunch.
- Avoiding bread? Make lettuce wraps, drizzling the salad with your favorite vinaigrette before rolling the lettuce.
- Fat-free mayonnaise can be used instead of mayonnaise.
- Substitute 1 1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham for the chicken. Omit salt and pepper. Stir in 1 teaspoon yellow mustard.
- Substitute 2 cans (5 oz each) tuna in water, drained, for the chicken. Stir in 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Substitute 6 Hard-Cooked Eggs, chopped, for the chicken.