Meet our new favorite any-occasion dessert! Seriously, there’s no place this brownie isn’t welcome. With its sweet and salty flavor and extra-chocolaty base, it’s absolutely irresistible. It’s also pretty enough for a party with its glossy peanut butter glaze dotted wit… MORE+
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom of 9-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray. Make brownie batter as directed on box. Stir in chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of the peanuts. Spread in pan.
- 3 In medium microwavable bowl, stir frosting and peanut butter until blended. Microwave frosting mixture uncovered on High 20 to 30 seconds or until mixture is warmed and pourable. Pour over baked brownie; spread over top. Sprinkle remaining peanuts on top. Let stand about 1 hour or until set.
- The secret for a pretty presentation is to line the pan with foil. Turn the pan upside down, and tear off a piece of foil longer than pan. Smooth foil around the pan bottom, then remove. Turn pan over, and gently fit shaped foil into pan. Make recipe as directed. Use the foil to lift the baked bars out of the pan, remove foil, place on a cutting board or serving tray. Be sure not to warm the frosting mixture too much in the microwave so it does not run down the sides of brownie. Pour glaze over baked brownie, sprinkle remaining peanuts and let stand until set. Use a sharp knife to cut. Clean blade between cuts for perfect pieces.
- Keep a close eye on frosting while it’s in the microwave. It doesn’t need a lot of time before it starts to thin.
- Redskin Spanish peanuts add some texture and color to the brownie and can be found in the snacks and nuts aisle in grocery stores.