For a simple-yet-showstopping holiday pie, look no further than this layered, double-chocolate cheesecake dessert! Pillsbury™ Pet•Ritz® regular frozen pie crust makes the base of this pie easier than ever, and the semisweet chocolate base combined with the white chocola…
- 2 In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and 1/4 cup whipping cream uncovered on High 30 to 50 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted and smooth. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Spread chocolate mixture evenly in bottom of cooled pie shell. Freeze 15 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, microwave white chocolate uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Cool 10 minutes.
- 4 In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended. Beat in 1/2 cup whipping cream and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add white chocolate; beat until well blended. Carefully spoon and spread cream cheese mixture over chocolate layer. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until firm. Top individual servings with cherry pie filling. Store in refrigerator.
- To quickly soften cream cheese, microwave uncovered on Medium-Low (30%) 15 to 20 seconds.
- To make beautiful chocolate curls, microwave a white or semisweet chocolate bar uncovered on High 5 to 10 seconds or until slightly warm. Using long strokes, pull a vegetable peeler across edge of bar to form curls.
- Swap cherry pie filling topping with a drizzle of caramel or chocolate ice cream topping, chocolate curls, fresh berries or your favorite berry pie filling, if desired.
- Pillsbury™ Pet•Ritz® frozen pie crust makes this recipe, well, easy as pie. Just bake, fill and eat—it’s really that simple!
- This pie is great for potlucks or any type of travel. Leave off the topping, and wrap the finished pie well in plastic wrap and foil. Bring it to your destination, then either top the entire pie with your favorite topping or bring options and let guests choose their own to spoon on however they like! Bonus: The pie plate itself is disposable, too, so you don’t have to track down a dish from your host or leave behind any (unlikely) leftover pie.