Add a splash of sunshine to any spring brunch or dessert spread with this bright lemon pound cake. Yellow cake mix is combined with cream cheese and grated lemon peel for a pound cake that’s rich in flavor and bursting with refreshing citrus notes. With just six simple …
- 1 Heat oven to 325°F. Generously spray bottom only of 9×5-inch loaf pan with baking spray with flour.
- 2 In medium bowl, beat cake mix, cream cheese, water, grated lemon peel and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl frequently, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- 3 Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack or heatproof serving plate. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- If you have leftover cake, cut it into slices and place individually in sandwich-size food-storage plastic bags. Seal bags and freeze. You’ll have a quick treat when you need it!
- For added lemon flavor, sprinkle some extra grated lemon peel over the cake.
- For a different look, cut your cake into wedges instead of traditional slices.
- This elegant pound cake makes a wonderful hostess gift for any dinner party.
- Looking for something to serve your gluten-free guests? This Gluten-Free Lemon Pound Cake is just what you need!