When you’ve got fresh fruit on hand, there’s no dessert quite like a crumble and this one is extra special. With its sugar cookie crust, peach preserves and tart fresh raspberries, it’s as sweet as summer itself and with a look to match. Jewel-bright preserves and fresh…
- 2 In large bowl, place cookie mix. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture is crumbly (do not overmix). Reserve 1 cup cookie mixture for topping; set aside. Press remaining mixture in bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- 3 In medium bowl, mix peach preserves and lemon juice until well blended. Gently stir in raspberries. Spoon and spread mixture evenly over partially baked crust. Sprinkle reserved cookie mixture over filling.
- 5 Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Cover and refrigerate any remaining bars.
- Preserves differ from jam in that the chunks of fruit are medium to large rather than the texture of thick puree.
- The secret for cutting bars easily is to line pan with heavy-duty or nonstick foil. When it is time to cut bars, just lift baked bar with foil out of pan, and cut. This also makes cleanup extra easy.