- 2 In large bowl, beat granulated sugar and softened butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and the eggs; beat until well mixed. Beat in remaining cake ingredients on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, until well mixed. Pour evenly into pan.
- 4 In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over cake.
- Pound cake gets its name from the fact that the original recipe called for 1 pound each of flour, sugar, butter and eggs.
- For a different look, cut your loaf into wedges instead of traditional slices.
- Cake will stay moist stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- To freeze pound cake, wrap cooled cake without icing in heavy-duty foil, then place in resealable food-storage plastic bag. Thaw at room temperature. Drizzle with icing before serving.
- If you have leftover cake, you can seal individual slices inside sandwich-size food-storage plastic bags. Defrost a slice whenever you need a quick treat!
% Daily Value*:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.