- can (12.4 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Cinnamon Rolls with Original Icing (8 Count) or 1 can (12.4 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing (8 Count)
- 2 On damp paper towel on work surface, place 1 egg roll skin with 1 corner facing you. Place 1 cinnamon roll on corner facing you, pressing slightly on roll to flatten, while folding same corner of egg roll skin over roll, tucking in sides. Brush remaining corner with water; gently roll egg roll toward remaining corner, and press to seal. Cover filled egg roll with damp paper towel to prevent drying out. Repeat with remaining egg roll skins and cinnamon rolls.
- 3 In deep fryer or 4-quart heavy-duty saucepan or Dutch oven, heat 2 to 3 inches oil to 350°F. Fry egg rolls, 2 to 3 at a time, in hot oil 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 4 In small microwavable bowl, mix icing (from cinnamon roll can), cream cheese and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar with spoon, until stirred smooth. Microwave icing mixture uncovered on High 15 to 30 seconds or until thin enough for dipping. Sprinkle egg rolls with powdered sugar, and serve with icing mixture.
- Egg roll wrappers are thin sheets of flour and egg-based dough, typically found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store, near the produce area.
- Assembling the egg rolls on a damp paper towel helps keep the egg roll wrappers from cracking when rolling around the baked cinnamon rolls.
- We use a long-handled stainless-steel wire basket tool, also called a spider skimmer, to remove egg rolls from the hot oil after frying.
% Daily Value*:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.