- 1 In small bowl, mix Seasoning Mix ingredients.
- 2 In shallow bowl, mix buttermilk and 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix. Cut chicken breasts in half crosswise, and add to buttermilk mixture. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 4 In shallow bowl, mix flour with remaining 1 tablespoon seasoning mix. Remove 4 pieces chicken from marinade, keeping remaining chicken refrigerated, and dredge the 4 pieces in flour mixture.
- 5 Place coated chicken on parchment in air fryer basket. Spray top of chicken with cooking spray.
- 6 Set to 325°F; cook 10 minutes. Turn chicken; spray tops with more cooking spray, and cook 8 to 12 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked through (at least 165°F). Keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken, and discard any remaining marinade and flour mixture.
- With 7g fat per serving, this Air Fryer Southern-Fried Chicken recipe has 65% less fat than the deep fried version. Deep Fried Southern Chicken has 21g fat per serving.
- If you like your fried chicken with a little heat, try adding some cayenne to the seasoning mix.
- Our recipes do not call for preheating your air fryer. Just set the temperature and start. Never preheat with parchment paper alone.
- Cutting the chicken breasts in half helps them cook more quickly and evenly.
- Look for sweet Hungarian paprika for the best flavor.
- Air fryer temperature control settings vary according to brand and model. If your air fryer does not have the exact temperature setting called for in the recipe, consult your manual for suggested temperature settings.
% Daily Value*:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.