- 2 In 2 1/2- to 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in flour, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly. Gradually stir in broth and milk.
- 3 Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir about 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in vegetables and chicken. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is heated through; pour mixture into baking dish.
- 4 Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Place on top of hot chicken mixture, overlapping slightly, to look like braided appearance.
- If desired, brush crescent dough with 1 tablespoon melted butter, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme. Or, try garnishing with fresh thyme or chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley before serving.
- Instead of using mixed vegetables in your chicken pot pie bake, switch it up with your favorite frozen vegetable, like corn, peas or carrots.
- Serve this easy chicken pot pie bake with a fresh garden salad for a complete dinner.
% Daily Value*:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.