‘Friends’ Reunion: Jennifer Aniston And David Schwimmer Admit They Had Real Feelings For Each Other Off-Camera
If you grew up rooting for Ross and Rachel to realize that they’re lobsters and just shut up and be together forever, you’re not alone. However, Friends fans finally have confirmation on a topic they’ve wondered about all along: Jennifer Aniston and David Schwimmer did actually have real feelings for each other off-camera, as both actors revealed during Friends: The Reunion.
1. I KNEW IT! While many fans knew (or at least hoped) that there was something there between Jennifer Aniston and David Schwimmer once the camera stopped rolling and Ross and Rachel were gone leaving just the actors behind, they actually confirmed it during the reunion. Weirdly enough, the revelation actually did come as a shock after all these years!
2. There’s a reason they had so much chemistry. In the early seasons of the show, the actors did indeed have feelings for each other that really came across on screen. After host James Corden asked whether there were any romances on set, Aniston responded: “Well… I mean… David… the first season.” Schwimmer added: “The first season… we… I had a major crush on Jen.” Aniston confirmed: “It was reciprocated.”
3. Sponsored: The best dating/relationships advice on the web. Check out Relationship Hero a site where highly trained relationship coaches get you, get your situation, and help you accomplish what you want. They help you through complicated and difficult love situations like deciphering mixed signals, getting over a breakup, or anything else you’re worried about. You immediately connect with an awesome coach on text or over the phone in minutes. Just click here…
4. Nothing ever actually happened between them. Despite the fact that Aniston and Schwimmer really liked each other, unfortunately, their relationship was never to be. “At some point, we were both crushing hard on each other. But it was like two ships passing because one of us was always in a relationship and we never crossed that boundary and we both respected that,” Schwimmer explained. Matt LeBlanc wasn’t buying it, though, saying: “Bulls**t!”
5. They channeled their feelings for each other into the characters. Aniston recalled feeling awkward about the idea of kissing for Schwimmer for the first time in front of cameras. “I remember saying to David ‘it’s gonna be really such a bummer if the first time you and I actually kiss is gonna be on national television’ and sure enough the first time we kissed was in that coffee shop,” Aniston recalled. She added that they “channeled their feelings” for each other into Ross and Rachel. No wonder they were so iconic!