Nothing beats this one-pot creamy chicken and rice recipe when it comes to convenience or comfort. If you could have a no-hassle garlicky, delicious chicken and rice dish on the table in less than 30 minutes with only one pot to clean, why wouldn’t you? Also, we can pre…
- 1 Toss the chicken breast with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Heat olive oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breast and cook until browned, stirring often, about 3 minutes. Add garlic to skillet and cook for 30 seconds more.
- 2 Stir in rice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cover. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Remove pan from heat and place baby spinach on top of the rice. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 4 Remove lid and stir well. Stir in cream and serve.
- Be mindful to add the garlic just before combining the chicken broth and rice in the hot skillet. Garlic only takes about 30 seconds to cook, and if it’s allowed to cook too long, it may burn and create a bitter tasting garlic chicken and rice dish.
- For this particular creamy garlic chicken and rice recipe, be sure to use long-grain rice. If you use Minute Rice, the rice will cook too quickly and may become mushy.
- If you prefer, remove any long stems from the spinach before stirring into the chicken mixture.
- To lighten up this one-pot dinner, substitute the cream for regular milk.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese just before serving, if desired.
- If you end up with leftovers of this garlic chicken and rice dinner, store in the refrigerator, tightly sealed. When reheating, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons of broth, milk or cream to bring back the creaminess.
% Daily Value*:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.