- 1 Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Cut tomatoes in half; place tomatoes cut-side down on paper towel-lined plate; let drain 15 minutes.
- 2 Place pie crust on cookie sheet. With rolling pin, roll into 12-inch circle. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the cheese for topping. Sprinkle remaining cheese over center of crust to within 1 1/2 inches of edge of crust. Top with tomatoes, cut sides up; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 3 Fold 1 1/2 inch edge of crust over filling, pleating crust as necessary. Sprinkle tomatoes with reserved cheese.
- We like to use a medley of bite-size tomatoes for a colorful dish, but regular cherry or grape tomatoes also work in this savory galette recipe—and it will be just as delicious!
- Since the tomatoes release juices when they bake, it’s important to drain them before baking this savory galette.
- Preshredded cheese is sold in bags. Try shredding white cheddar cheese from a 4-oz block, which will give you the creamiest, cheesiest savory galette.
% Daily Value*:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.