Double-filled and then chilled, everyone will be asking to break off a piece of this Kit Kat® cake. After the chocolate fudge cake is baked and poked, it gets filled with both chocolate pudding and salted caramel sauce—because if we’re going to make a candy bar cake, we…
- 2 Make and bake cake as directed on box for 13×9-inch pan; cool in pan on rack 5 minutes. With handle of wooden spoon (1/4 to 1/2 inch in diameter), poke holes almost to bottom of cake every 1/2 inch, wiping spoon handle occasionally to reduce sticking.
- 3 Drizzle 1 cup caramel sauce over cake; spread evenly over surface, working back and forth to fill holes.
- 4 In large bowl, beat pudding mix and milk with whisk about 2 minutes or until starting to thicken. Pour over cake; spread evenly over surface, working back and forth to fill holes. (Some filling should remain on top of cake.) Refrigerate 1 hour 30 minutes.
- If your caramel sauce is too thick to drizzle, spoon it into a microwavable bowl, then microwave in 15-second increments until it reaches a thinner consistency.
- To ensure the pudding makes its way to the bottom of each poked hole, gently tap the sides of the cake pan after spreading the pudding.
- Don’t risk running out of caramel sauce! To ensure you have enough to drizzle over the cake as well as enough for garnish, look for a jar that’s at least 16 oz.
- Leftover cake should be covered and stored in the refrigerator.
% Daily Value*:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.