- To be sure your baking dish holds 4 quarts (16 cups), use a liquid measuring cup to pour water into the dish till it’s full. You’ll want enough room so that the casserole doesn’t completely fill the dish.
- Frozen shredded hash brown potatoes are great to have on hand. They save all the prep work of grating your own potatoes, and they don’t turn brown like fresh potatoes. Be sure to thaw the potatoes first before using in this recipe.
- Any creamy soup will work in this casserole if you don’t have cream of chicken soup on hand. Cream of celery or mushroom soup work well too. Be sure the can is the same size.
- For a twist, try using different cheeses like jalapeño cheddar, American or gouda.
- For extra cheesiness, during the last 10 minutes of baking, sprinkle more cheese on top of the casserole, return to oven and continue to bake until cheese is melted.
% Daily Value*:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.