Is there a hashtag for this?
Wendy Williams went full Grim Reaper Thursday on Britney Spears’ parents in the wake of the singer’s withering testimony against her father Jamie Spears and her conservatorship.
While discussing the hot topic on her eponymous talk show, Williams asserted, “How dare you, Mr. Spears, you had me fooled. And you too, Mrs. Spears.
“Death to all of them,” she added, to the gasps of her audience.
With the “fooled” line, Williams seemed to be referencing her earlier stance on Spears’ conservatorship.
“I think that her father is a good man,” she said in February. “I’ve heard that she still needs to be controlled, and she needs to have someone that’s controlling her finances, and controlling who she is friends with and where she goes and what time she’s coming in …”
And while Williams’ newfound support may be a bit extreme, Spears has found herself with a few more industry allies since confirming fan suspicions that Jamie has mishandled her conservatorship — and with it, her life.
“After what we saw today, we should all be supporting Britney at this time,” Justin Timberlake tweeted Wednesday night, following Spears’ bombshell address to the court.
Kathy and Nicky Hilton also showed their support for Spears during their most recent visit to “Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen.”
“Such a sweet girl,” Kathy said of Spears on Wednesday’s episode. “And a good girl.”
“You should know we believe her,” Nicky added. “Free Britney!”
Spears also found support in Rose McGowan, who called the “Toxic” singer’s testimony “a cultural landmark moment. It is a cultural reset. She got to speak for the first time, I believe, in her life, honestly and openly and what has been done to her is horrific.”
During Spears’ 20-minute speech, she declared that everyone involved in keeping her conservatorship in place should be put in jail.
“I’ve lied and told the whole world I’m OK and I’m happy,” she said. “I’ve been in denial. I’ve been in shock. I am traumatized … I’m not happy. I can’t sleep. I’m so angry. It’s insane. And I’m depressed. I cry every day.”
Sometimes you can get what you want.
Two of Mick Jagger’s eight children spent some quality time together this week when the rock icon’s 22-year-old son Lucas Jagger paid a visit to big sister Georgia May Jagger in Los Angeles.
Twenty-nine-year-old model Georgia shared several photos of the pair — who are rarely spotted together — on Instagram, captioning the collection “Lucas in LA.”
“Love uuuu,” Lucas replied in the comments, adding, “Can’t wait for our next trip.”
The gallery included photos of the two out to lunch together and hanging out with a friend, writer Brett Grace.
While both diminutive Jaggers call the 77-year-old Rolling Stones legend dad, Georgia is the daughter of model Jerry Hall, 64, while Lucas’ mother is Brazilian television host Luciana Gimenez, 51.
The Jagger siblings also include Karis Hunt Jagger, 50; Jade Sheena Jezebel Jagger, 39; Elizabeth ‘Lizzie’ Scarlett Jagger, 37; James Leroy Augustin Jagger, 35; Gabriel Luke Beauregard Jagger, 23; and 4-year-old son Deveraux Octavian Basil Jagger.
Last year, Mick bought his 34-year-old ballet-dancer girlfriend — and Deveraux’s mother — Melanie Hamrick a mansion near Sarasota, Fla. for Christmas.
We previously reported that the couple’s relationship had deepened further while they were locked down together during the pandemic and that Hamrick was by Jagger’s side during his 2019 heart surgery.
“The couple’s friends consider them married — but of course they aren’t, as Mick doesn’t do that anymore,” a source said in July 2020. “Mick’s pals say they haven’t seen him this happy in decades, and he has finally settled down. It only took a heart attack and pandemic.”
Jagger has five grandchildren and became a great-grandfather in 2014.
Prince Harry was bankrolled a “substantial sum” by his dad, Prince Charles, after Megxit, according to Charles’ office — despite his assertion that his family “literally cut me off financially,” according to Charles’ office.
The 36-year-old Duke of Sussex had complained about the apparent sudden loss of support in his TV tell-all, telling Oprah Winfrey that he was only able to step away from the royal family thanks to an inheritance from his late mother, Princess Diana.
However, his father, heir to the throne, gave Harry and his brother, Prince William, a total of more than $6.25 million in the last financial year, according to an audit by Charles’ office, Clarence House.
While the records did not specify exactly how much Harry and his family received, a “substantial sum” was given to support them even after they left life as senior royals, a Clarence House spokesman told UK media.
“As we all remember in January 2020 when the Duke and Duchess announced that they were going to move away from the working Royal family, the Duke said that they would work towards becoming financially independent,” the spokesperson said, according to the Telegraph.
“The Prince of Wales … allocated a substantial sum to support them with this transition,” the spokesperson said, with the support ending last summer.
The Sussexes’ departure from life as working royals was “a matter of enormous sadness to the family,” but Harry’s father supported them because he “wanted to help make this work,” the spokesperson said.
“I betray no confidence when I say they’ve been very successful in becoming financially independent,” said the rep, referring to big-money deals the Sussexes have since struck with the likes of Netflix and Spotify.
But the Sussexes have hit back — accusing Clarence House of putting an unfair spin on the finances by “conflating two different timelines,” a spokesperson for the couple told the BBC.
“It’s inaccurate to suggest that there’s a contradiction,” the spokesperson said, insisting Harry’s cutoff claim was from after the period addressed in the audit.
“The duke’s comments during the Oprah interview were in reference to the first quarter of the fiscal reporting period in the UK, which starts annually in April,” the spokesperson said.
The revelation still sparked outrage in the UK, however.
“Do they realize just how spoiled it sounds?” the Telegraph’s Robert Taylor asked in an op-ed, noting that “the average person in the UK earns less than 1 percent of that gift?”
“And do they appreciate just how ungrateful it looks to accept a handout of that scale, and then publicly denigrate the man who gave it, saying he’d cut them off?” he asked.
“These are not snotty youngsters. They’re mature adults,” he said, noting the prince is 36 and his wife 39.
“Frankly, I’d be ashamed to be living off my parents at that age, however much security I needed to pay for. There comes a time — and it shouldn’t take until 36 — when you need to buy your own dinner,” he wrote, saying Harry came across as “self-obsessed, disloyal and spoiled.”
Buckingham Palace also revealed that the investigation into Markle’s bullying claims — including that a senior royal raised alarm over her future children’s skin color — was being paid for privately, the Telegraph said.
The palace declined to confirm if a royal was footing the bill — and if so, which one — but stressed that taxpayers’ money was not being used for the probe by an external law firm, the UK paper said.
Declan Kelly, the CEO of the consulting firm for Fortune 500 execs Teneo, was kicked off the board of the charity Global Citizen after he got drunk and acted inappropriately with a number of women at their starry festival, sources tell Page Six.
Kelly was kicked off the board of anti-poverty campaigning group Global Citizen, the sources say, after he made a drunken scene at a VIP party on May 2 following the group’s Vax Live concert hosted by Selena Gomez and chaired by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, with performers including Jennifer Lopez plus messages from Pope Francis and President Biden.
One source told Page Six that Kelly was extremely drunk and acted inappropriately with as many as six women at the party in front of other guests. The Financial Times reported “the inappropriate behavior included the non-consensual touching of a number of women.”
But a spokesperson for Teneo and Kelly — who famously fell asleep at the 2020 Super Bowl and became a laughingstock on social media — told Page Six, “At a party the night of the concert, Declan drank too much and offended some men and women he was talking to.”
Following the incident, the spokesperson said, “He apologized and offered his resignation to Global Citizen.”
However, multiple insiders say there was more than one incident involving Kelly at the event and Global Citizen removed him from the board the next day.
A Global Citizen insider told us, “On May 3rd, Global Citizen was notified of the incidents and on May 3rd, Declan Kelly was removed from the board.”
An independent investigation into the incidents has been launched by Global Citizen and is still ongoing, we’re told.
Teneo’s philanthropic contribution to the organization was returned and their sponsorship deal ended.
Kelly — who was Hillary Clinton’s US Special Economic Envoy to Northern Ireland from 2009 to 2011 — on Thursday offered a sobering apology to his staff, saying, “This incident has been a huge wake-up call for me. I immediately quit drinking and am undertaking ongoing counseling from healthcare professionals. I will never drink again.
“I have learned hard lessons and the work that needs to get done is on me and I am doing it right now. It will be an ongoing journey that will last the rest of my life.
“As many of you know I have temporarily reduced my work responsibilities so I have the time to focus on my health. Please know I will be back in a full capacity in September and remain as committed as ever to Teneo.”
He added that should anyone at the firm get any media inquiries, they should forward them to Stephen Meahl at Teneo, who according to their website “has worked closely with a number of major global companies advising on crisis communications.”
Reps for Global Citizen declined to comment on the record.
The boorish incident raises questions about chair and chief executive Kelly’s future at the 1,200-person firm Teneo, which prides itself on helping CEOs finesse their own reputations, as well as advising large companies on how to market themselves as socially responsible.
Kelly had already embarrassed the firm at the 2020 Super Bowl in Miami when he fell asleep in the first quarter and was seen on camera snoring with his mouth wide open.
The images kicked off a Kelly field day on social media with a number of big brands poking fun at him, even Coca-Cola, which — embarrassingly — Teneo advises.
A Teneo insider said, “People at the company are frightened by this incident and their CEO’s behavior.
“The staff at Teneo know what happened at that party, it’s the talk of the firm. They wonder what Kelly’s future is, and what is the future of Teneo. It is a reputation business, after all.”
The Financial Times reported that Kelly has told senior colleagues at the firm that he is handing some of his duties to others, and that he was “undertaking ongoing counseling from healthcare professionals.”
Interestingly, Global Citizen’s board is chaired by Chris Stadler, an exec at CVC Capital Partners who spearheaded the private equity firm’s $350 million investment in Teneo in 2009, giving them a majority stake in the company.
The Teneo insider added, “Interesting that Stadler likely thinks Kelly’s behavior is not appropriate for a Global Citizen board member, but he’s still good enough to lead Teneo, probably because he is still making a lot of money for CVC.”
Reps for Stadler and CVC in New York and London did not respond to multiple requests for comment from Page Six — instead they likely leaked the story to the FT.
Selena Gomez feels like her love life has had a hex put on it.
“I think most of my experiences in relationships have been cursed. I’ve been way too young to be exposed to certain things when I was in relationships,” the “Come & Get It” singer told Vogue Australia.
“I felt so less than in past relationships, and never really felt equal,” she added.
The former teen star dated Nick Jonas, DJ Zedd, The Weeknd and, most famously, Justin Bieber in the past.
Gomez, 28, and Bieber, 27, began seeing each other in 2010 and had an on-again, off-again relationship for the next eight years before finally calling it quits for good. He went on to marry model Hailey Baldwin, 24, in 2018.
Gomez did not reveal in the interview whether she’s currently single or in a relationship.
Whether in a romantic relationship or in a friendship, Gomez said she’s seen connections become stronger in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic — and hopes it continues.
“I hope people understand how fragile life is, but how beautiful it is at the same time. I’ve seen people become lighter, more patient, actually [having] a lot of intellectual conversations, real substance. You can tell that’s happened with people. It’s not just like: ‘Oh, how you’re doing? Do you want to go and get dinner?’
“It’s so special when you’re with someone. You never get to value that, or you’re so involved in your phone. I can just tell that the world is craving connection with people, and to be honest, I think we lacked that.”
John Cena once shut down a wedding for getting into a drunken brawl with his brother in the middle of a wedding reception.
The WWE star, who has three brothers, admitted that he made a big mistake paying for the open bar at his brother Matt’s wedding.
“My brother Dan and I got into a fistfight in the middle of the dance floor and closed the wedding down,” he said Wednesday on “The Tonight Show.”
The “F9” actor continued, “You could tell right then and there who were guests and who were a member of the Cena family, because the guests were like, ‘What should we do to stop it?’ and the Cena family were like, ‘Nah, nah let them figure it out.’”
Cena, meanwhile, recently walked down the aisle himself, marrying his second wife Shay Shariatzadeh in Florida last October. The pair began dating in March 2019.
The 44-year-old was previously married to Elizabeth Huberdeau from 2009 to 2012. He then went on to date “Total Bellas” star Nikki Bella for six years. Cena proposed to Bella at WrestleMania in 2017. A year later, weeks before they were set to tie the knot, the pair called it quits. They reconciled for a few months before ending things for good in July 2018.
“After I called off the engagement, we tried to work on our relationship to get back to where it was, and in order to move forward with our wedding. After much time and soul-searching alone and together, we have decided to officially part ways,” Bella said in a statement at the time. “I had a beautiful and loving six-year relationship with a wonderful man. I have the utmost respect for John, but I know this is what’s best for me.”
During his interview with Fallon this week, The “Blockers” star also confirmed rumors that he would be returning to the WWE ring soon.
“I’ll definitely be back to the WWE I just don’t know when,” he said.
Wolfgang Puck nearly didn’t make it to the top of the culinary world.
The acclaimed chef contemplated suicide when he was just 14, he reveals in the upcoming documentary “Wolfgang.”
“I always tell people my first 15 or 17 years were the most difficult in my life,” he tells Page Six. “And then it started to get better.”
Puck, 71, recalls that he grew up in Austria with an abusive stepfather who constantly belittled him. As a teen, he secured an apprenticeship at a local restaurant but was fired three weeks in for not peeling enough potatoes — apparently the straw that nearly broke the camel’s back.
“I stood on the river on the bridge and said that I was gonna jump in the river,” Puck said.
After an hour of contemplation, he opted instead to return to the kitchen and beg for his job back.
He says that he decided to include the story in the film because, “I wanted younger people to know what adversity is — [that] you can overcome it and actually look at the positive and say the glass is half-full instead of half-empty.”
Puck eventually made his way to the United States and became the chef at Hollywood hangout Ma Maison. But it wasn’t until 1982 when he and then-wife Barbara Lazaroff opened Spago’s that he truly became a culinary superstar. The Beverly Hills hot spot introduced the open kitchen to American diners — along with his famous smoked salmon pizza — and Puck quickly became a media sensation, rustling up meals on “Good Morning America” and the “Late Show with David Letterman.”
Puck thinks that the Food Network and the attendant plethora of cooking shows are “great because you have so many more young people who are interested in cooking, who want to get in the profession.
“Forty years ago, 50 years ago, if any kid told their father or mother, ‘I want to become a cook,’ they would have looked at them and said, ‘Can you get a real profession?’”
The cooking maestro, whose favorite meal is Weiner schnitzel and mashed potatoes, says that if you want to become proficient in the kitchen, “you buy the best ingredients” and “then, practice, practice, practice. You know, what you do 100 times, you get good at it.”
“Wolfgang” will begin streaming on Disney+ June 25.