Techland, the developers behind the parkour-happy Dying Light series announced today that it is forging ahead with an open-world fantasy RPG, and the dev team is hiring to make it happen.
We literally have no more information about the upcoming title, other than it’s an open-world fantasy-themed RPG, but the team is touting some impressive dev talent heading up the project, including multiple Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 developers.
Are you ready to begin a new, thrilling journey with Techland?We are hiring for the unannounced AAA Open World Action-RPG in a fantasy setting!Join us now! https://t.co/0yplHvELBW pic.twitter.com/MPZcv7p8iG
— Techland (@TechlandGames) May 17, 2022
The new IP is being helmed by Narrative Director Karolina Stachyra (Witcher 2 and Witcher 3), as well as Narrative Lead Arkadiusz Borowik (Witcher 2 and Witcher 3). Techland also announced that their new IP will be worked on by multiple developers with AAA bonafides, including:
- Bartosz Ochman – Open World Director who previously worked on Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt
- Mario Maltezos – Creative Director who previously worked with companies like Ubisoft (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time), Warner Bros. (Mad Max), and Microsoft
- David McClure – Lead Game Designer previously associated with Arkane Studios (Deathloop), Deep Silver, and Playground Games
- Kevin Quaid – Lead Animator with over 8 years of experience at Guerrilla Games, working on titles such as Horizon Zero Dawn and its expansion, The Frozen Wilds
- Marcin Surosz – Lead UI/UX Designer with amazing skill in defining players’ needs, formerly with People Can Fly
The IP itself is likely years away, as the team is just starting to ramp up hiring for the project. Techland announced that there are multiple openings, and encouraged interested parties to apply. The team also shared the first concept art for the upcoming project, showing a figure looking out towards a valley filled with waterfalls, tropical jungles and crumbling ruins. The team is aiming to build what it calls a "fully next-gen experience" using the lessons learned on their most recent project, Dying Light 2: Stay Human.
Joseph has been writing or podcasting about games in some form since about 2012. Having written for multiple major outlets such as IGN, Playboy, and more, Joseph started writing for MMORPG in 2015. When he’s not writing or talking about games, you can typically find him hanging out with his 10-year old or playing Magic: The Gathering with his family. Also, don’t get him started on why Balrogs *don’t* have wings. You can find him on Twitter @LotrLore