How to make Alfredo Sauce from scratch? It starts with three ingredients (plus salt and pepper) and is so easy. This simple, delicious Alfredo Sauce saves time and money by avoiding trips to the store for a jarred sauce or an expensive meal at an Italian restaurant. The best part? You can still indulge in the rich and creamy Alfredo Sauce you and your family love. It only takes a few minutes to make! Try it today.
What you’ll need:
- ½ cup butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 10-inch skillet
1. First, gather your ingredients. Cut your butter into pieces so it melts quicker.
2. Next, in a 10-inch skillet, heat butter and whipping cream over medium heat.
3. Stir the butter and whipping cream frequently until the butter is completely melted and the mixture starts to bubble. Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer, continuing to stir, until slightly thickened (about six minutes).
4. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
5. Your sauce is now ready to serve! Toss it with cooked fettuccine noodles in a large bowl and sprinkle with parsley to make it a classic Italian meal: Fettucine Alfredo.
- Want to make a lighter Alfredo sauce? Swap out the whipping cream for evaporated fat-free milk and use reduced-fat Parmesan cheese. These two easy change-ups will slash the fat in half!
- Make your meal heartier by adding grilled chicken breast, sautéed shrimp or veggies to the sauce and serve with cooked fettuccine noodles.
Bored with pasta? Swap in homemade sauce for store-bought in any of these top-rated recipes!