Two ingredients are all it takes to create a quick and delicious pineapple angel food cake! First up is Betty Crocker™ White Angel Food Cake Mix. Sweet and fluffy, angel food cake has that perfect crumbly-yet-moist texture. Add a can of crushed pineapple to the batter f…
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat dry angel food cake mix and crushed pineapple on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool completely upside down as directed on cake mix box, about 2 hours. Run knife around edges; turn cooled cake out onto serving plate. Use serrated knife to cut into slices. Store covered in refrigerator.
Tips from the Betty Crocker Kitchens
- Be sure to use a 10-inch angel food cake or tube pan for this recipe. It is a round, metal pan with a hollow tube in the middle, and the bottom usually is removable, making it easy to remove the cake from the pan once cooled.
- For any tube cake pan recipe, move oven rack to the lowest position in the oven so the cake will bake completely without browning too much or touching the rack above.
- For best success in this recipe, be sure to use a longer-blade serrated or bread knife to cut the angel food cake, helping to prevent tearing or compressing of the cake.
- If our Pineapple Angel Food Cake has you craving more of this tropical fruit, try our recipe for Easy Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. It’s a classic full of fruity and sweet flavors.
- A 2-ingredient pineapple cake might make you think about what other desserts have only 2 ingredients. We’ve got a delicious one right here with our Two-Ingredient Soda Pop Cupcakes. Use the carbonated beverage of your choice, like grape or orange!