- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- tablespoon finely grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- container (8 oz) Cool Whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional finely grated lemon and lime peels, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- 2 In large bowl, beat Cake Layer ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour in pan.
- 3 In another large bowl, mix Lemon-Lime Layer ingredients with whisk until smooth. Evenly pour over top of cake batter in pan; mixture will sink to bottom as you pour over cake batter.
- 4 Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 4 hours to chill. Spread whipped topping over chilled cake. Sprinkle with additional lemon and lime peel if desired. Using a serving spatula and a knife to carefully help slide pieces off, cut into 6 rows by 3 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
Tips from the Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 To ensure the success of this recipe, use a knife to slide the cake pieces off the serving spatula to help keep the lemon-lime filling in place.
- tip 2 1 medium lemon yields about 3 tablespoons juice and 2 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel.
- tip 3 1 lime yields about 2 tablespoons juice and 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lime peel.
270 Calories, 10g Total Fat, 3g Protein, 41g Total Carbohydrate, 29g Sugars
- Trademarks referred to herein are the properties of their respective owners.
© 2023 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved